Did you know that one out of three American children is growing up in homes without their biological fathers? Compared to their counterparts with a father present in the home, this equates to over 24 million boys and girls who are…
- four times more likely to be poor.
- twice as likely to drop out of school.
- more likely to be incarcerated.
- at greater risk of substance abuse.
- more likely to be victims of physical and sexual abuse.
- at greater risk of teen pregnancy.
These statistics are a clear indication that the involvement and role of both parents in the lives of children is vital to the healthy development, safety, and ability of children to fulfill their future potential.
“Building Bridges of Support for Father’s Everywhere”
Many fathers want to be there for their children as dads, but unfortunately, too many of them fall by the wayside and give up on their children when confronted with obstacles and challenges such as conflicts with the mother of their children, financial hardship, and imbalances in the legal system. The Fatherhood Support Network was created to help fill the gap in providing greatly needed emotional and tangible resources to fathers throughout America who desire to maintain an active role in the lives of their children. More specifically, the organization is striving for the following goals over the next three years:
- Train 1,000 Fatherhood Mentors across the United States to provide mentorship to fathers in need of support, encouragement, and guidance.
- Provide direct financial support to 1,000 fathers to assist in their ability to build and maintain an active and consistent relationship with their children.
- Host family events and activities such as “Dad’s Night Out” and “Bowling for Dads” on Father’s Day for the purpose of providing an opportunity for more than 1,000 fathers to engage in a positive family activity with their child/children.
- Build a Network of Fatherhood Mentors in each of the 50 states whereby fathers in need of support, encouragement, and guidance have access to a Fatherhood Mentor in their home state.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with a minimum of ten national and international organizations who are committed to significantly reducing the number of children in America (and globally) who live in father absent homes (currently 24 million in the United States).
The Fatherhood Support Network is continually achieving major milestones in its efforts to establish a national network of Fatherhood Support Sites and collaborative partners committed to helping fathers maintain an active role in the lives of their children:
- “BOWLING for DADS” on Father’s Day national pledge drive held each year on Father’s Day (2017, 2018, 2019) Click here to Watch Photo Slideshow of Event
- “DAD’s NIGHT OUT” Annual Fundraising Dinner held each year in April (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019) at the Aliante Hotel + Casino + Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada. Click here to Watch Photo Slideshow of Event.
- The Las Vegas Urban League became a part of the Fatherhood Support Network March 2015. 10 Employees from the Las Vegas Urban League completed our one-day 8 hour “Fatherhood Support Site” Certification Training to begin incorporating our model into their one-on-one mentoring sessions and group facilitation with fathers.
- “My Brother’s Keeper” (President Barack Obama Initiative) – announced September 2014). Las Vegas is one of more than 100 communities nationwide to accept the U.S. Conference of Mayors’ My Brother’s Keeper initiative to combat the disparities within minority communities (Click here to Read Article). With the official announcement by Mayor Carolyn Goodman – and the My Brother’s Keeper Challenge Summit hosted by Nevada Partners on November 10, 2015 – the Fatherhood Support Network officially became one of the collaborative partners and community organizations offering support to this local and nationwide initiative (Click here to Read More about “My Brother’s Keeper”).
- 1st Annual Fundraiser “Dad’s Night Out” held Saturday, April 4, 2015 at theAliante Hotel + Casino + Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bill Madlock – Major League World Series Champion and National League Batting Champion – served as our Keynote Speaker (Click here to Watch Photo Slideshow of Event)
- MICROSOFT “Father’s Appreciation Day” event hosted by the Fatherhood Support Network at the Microsoft Store in Scottsdale, Arizona (Saturday, June 20, 2015) (Click here to Watch Photo Slideshow of Event).
Help Support Our Cause:
Participate in “Bowling for Dads” on Father’s Day
Make a Financial Contribution
Become a Fatherhood Mentor